Not only the amazing and intriguing storyline, but the show has introduced us to the most iconic characters in TV history, ranging from protagonist to antagonist. Everybody and everything in the show was made in such a huge scale that maybe it won’t be possible to pull up this level for any other shows in the near future.
Today, we are going to talk about 25 quotes from Game of Thrones, which are so good that you can’t ignore them. So, let us read those quotes.
- “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.” -Cersei Lannister
This line became the base of the show as everyone either lived or died for the throne, and the whole plot was just for someone to sit on that iron throne.
- “The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.” -Sansa Stark
This line beautifully and clearly explains the importance of teamwork and no one can stay alive without help. We all need our friends, family and people who can work with us.
- “Fire cannot kill a dragon.” -Daenerys Targaryen
The weapon of the dragon is the fire and is it possible to kill fire with fire? No, fire is not iron or poison. If we try to add fire to fire, the consequence is going to be huge and it will be something we can’t control.
- “Can a man be brave if he’s afraid? That’s the only time he can be brave.” -Bran and Ned Stark
The right time to show your bravery is when you are afraid. Like this, you will conquer your fear, and hence you can prove your bravery.
- “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.” -Tywin Lannister
Imagine taking an opinion from someone who is less smarter than you. This line clearly represents why you should not seek validation from someone who is not in your level.
- “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.” -Ramsay Bolton
Game of Thrones is not a Disney show where everything turns perfect at the end, and they all live happily ever after. The theme of GOT is pretty dark and at no point you can feel that the show will end on a happy note. But ummm you know!!!
- Any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king.” -Tyrion Lannister
Just imagine that you reached a very high position where everyone is supposed to know you, yet still you have to tell everyone who you are. That would be pretty awkward.
- “Never forget who you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.” -Tyrion Lannister
Your uniqueness is your identity. Don’t give anyone to tarnish your uniqueness. Either they will accept you the way you are, or they will leave. Never give them the opportunity to use your character against you because that is something that you own.
- “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder.” -Lord Petyr Baelish
Every great thing in the world has been obtained by chaos. Whether it be the eradication of social evils that we know or the dogmatic system which used to be followed in the past. Without a chaotic revolution, things wouldn’t have changed. So chaos is not a pit where we will fall, it’s a ladder that leads us to a change.
- “Power is power.” -Cersei Lannister
The world has always revolved around power. Those who are powerful have always been controlling everything around them. Not anyone who doesn’t possess some power is able to move the powerfuls. So yes, power is power, and it will keep going like this.
- “The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they are all a tray of cakes next to death.” -Olenna Tyrell
Can you ever imagine death? Can you imagine how you are going to die? What is going to be your last word, your last moment? No. Death is the ultimate destination and the most horrible reality. So in front of death, all the bad things that you are experiencing are nothing. It will pass, but death will not.
- “All men must die, but we are not men.” -Daenerys Targaryen
As we said, death is the ultimate destination and all men must face it one day. What about women? Of course it is the same for women too. This line was said according to the context of the story, but the reality does not change.
- “There is only one God and his name is Death, and there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.” -Syrio Forel
Death is the ultimate destiny but if possible you must try to avoid it. Have you ever realized how many times you have escaped death on a regular basis? It is because your inner self does not want to die and it tells the God of Death, “Not today”.
- “You know nothing, Jon Snow.” -Ygritte
Our man Jon Snow really knows nothing. Wonder how he survived everything and when he got to know the biggest secret of his life, he just remained dull and kept saying “I don’t want it”. Bro you should have fought for it.
- “Winter is coming.” -Ned Stark
This line became the slogan of the show, and remember how everybody was obsessed with this line? Our ears literally cracked listening to people saying “Winter is coming”, even in the month of April.
- “The man who passes the sentence must swing the sword.” -Ned Stark
The significance of how you hold the sword without actually holding the sword when you order a killer to kill somebody. Although you never raised a weapon, your words are the weapon, and you are equally responsible for the death like the person who actually raised the weapon.
- “The more people you love, the more weaker you are.” -Cersei Lannister
Love makes you stronger, but more than that it makes you weaker. You hurt yourself to make your loved ones happy, and eventually you become weak. So, keep your love in limit as not everybody deserves your love.
- “It’s hard to put a leash on a dog, once you have put a crown on his head.” -Tyrion Lannister
Notice when you start to give your dog all the attention, it bites you back without flinching a bit? The same is here. Always keep them in control so that they don’t attack you back. Not only dogs, but this quote goes for every human and animal.
- “Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one is between her legs.” -Cersei Lannister
History has it that the women who succeed in power have always been through the bed with men. Whether it be the most powerful queens or women in history, they all have come to power by giving all the satisfaction to a man, willingly or unwillingly. Sad reality but the power of women really lies between their legs.
- “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who doesn’t read, lives only once.” -Jojen Reed
The book creates a virtual reality for you, where you live. You are the God, and you can see the characters, you can see the world they live in. You have the power to know each and every detail of their life. You are living their life without living. This is the power a book holds.
- “It doesn’t matter what we want. Once we get it, then we want something else.” -Lord Petyr Baelish
A basic human nature which will never change. We always have the habit of saying “not enough” and we crave for more. This has helped us to achieve a lot of things, but not to forget it is also leading to our destruction.
- “Leave one wolf alive and the sheeps are never safe.” -Arya Stark
Sheeps are the food for wolves, so if you keep a wolf between many sheeps, there is no chance that the wolf won’t kill them. It will kill the sheep, so always be aware because we never know who is going to be eaten next.
- “Everywhere in the world, they hurt little girls.” -Cersei Lannister
The sad reality of today’s world. Women are tortured, they are prohibited from certain things, they are banished from the most basic human right. Unfortunately, women were never safe from a very early era.
- “Why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next needs to know what’s on the other side?” -Tyrion Lannister
The human mind and its curiosity has led to a lot of development as well as dangers. If there is a wall, we all want to see what’s beyond that without realizing the dangers that lie on the other side.
- “Are you a sheep? No, you’re a dragon. Be a dragon.” -Olenna Tyrell
A dragon is a dragon and it has the ability to burn everything on the way. You should not be a sheep who follows others without knowing the reality. Be a dragon, fly openly and if someone tries to hurt you, “Burn them all”.